Saturday 2 January 2010

I am so impatient!

I ordered some quilting pieces from ebay the other day I am going to make a carrier bag holder as I am sick of them hanging up on the cupboard. Of course, now I have to wait for delivery when I want to do it  NOW. Humph. I have also ordered an embroidery ring so I can make some little labels for the girl's winter and summer gear bags. I may also follow Kirsty Allsop and make some embroidered napkins (oooh get me!).

I am also desperate to go to John Lewis to spend the rest of my Christmas money in their haberdashery dept. I am quite tempted to get a rotary cutter etc, and of course lots of lovely fabrics! The upside of going to JL is that I know they sell the wallpaper we have in the bedroom there so I should be able to see what fabrics will match it without having to take a sample piece in with me. I think I had better do Phoebe's quilt first though. Strikes me that a single quilt will be easier to do as a starter than a Super King Sized one lol! However getting there is harder than it looks, the ones in the city require going into London, the alternative to that is either Kingston or Bluewater, Kingston is a bugger to get to and I haven't been to Bluewater since the summer for fear of running into a couple of people (silly I know, but I get shaky even when we drive past it). I will manage it soon and if I don't I might see if I can sell the voucher to someone and hit the Haberdasher in Tooting lol! I have soooo many projects I want to do and I want to get started on all of them RIGHT NOW! Instead my machine sits waiting on the dining table until I can get to the shops I need to or can afford the materials I need!

6 comments:

Muddling Along said...

I love that first staring a new project feeling - I'm feeling really tempted to invest in a sewing machine but trying to temper my excitement with reality

Vix said...

I have to say it is one of my better investments. And that is saying something lol!

Moglie said...

Quilting sounds fun, I made a double sided cat blanket today (yes really) and noticed my machine has an option to do a "hand stitch" where you put proper thread in the top (or bottom?) and invisible thread in the other one. Will have to invest in some invisible thread and have a go.

When you say embroidery, I assume you mean by hand?

Vix said...

Oooh that sounds interesting Moglie, I have some invisible thread here... I might give it a bash on mine. I would have thought it would be on the bobbin side.

And yes, hand embroidery... just simple stuff but then I can take it places so I always have something to do (my hands get restless).

Tilly Floss said...

You could always head my way and meet me at the JL in Bristol....

Vix said...

That is a bit far, I'd meet you half way in Reading though...