Saturday 19 June 2010

Oh my, this could get pricey!

Phoebe has never really been a child for short lived fads. As an example her love of Brum has been going on for 3 years and is still pretty darn strong! Gogoi, her imaginary friend, has been around for at least 2 years. Rocket the imaginary horse has been in firm residence for a good few months now and she loves pretending to ride him around the streets! Last weekend we took her to a local farm where she met April the Pony since then we have had a lot of talking about horses so I looked into riding lessons.

Today was the big day, Phoebe and I went off to do her first ever riding lesson! It was a half hour lesson out near the farm we visited last week. When we got there we found Phoebe a hat and she was in pony heaven! She was very well behaved and listened carefully to the rules for horse riding (no loud sounds etc!) and when it was her turn she was mounted on a lovely brown horse called, I believe, Bim!


She did very well riding, listened very well and did everything that the teacher told her to do. She held her reins beautifully and thought it was brilliant when they trotted!


She had such a wonderful half hour, loved every minute of riding and can't wait to go again!

Alas it might be a while before she can go regularly basis because it costs so much. This is where I don't like it, I want to give my girls everything but at £15 per half hour I really can't justify it right now.

You may wonder what Clara will be doing whilst Phoebe gets riding lessons (eventually!). Well she wants to be a ballet dancer so in September she will be doing ballet lessons. I am waiting on finding out how much they will cost, she has been talking about it all day and is so excited about it!

I think I will have to go back to work just to fund my children's activities!

1 comment:

JaneV said...

She looks a natural! I can see what future birthday and Christmas presents might be. XX