Thursday 31 December 2009

The end of the decade appraches.

A lot has happened in the last 10 years.

In 1999 I graduated with a 2:2 in Theatre Studies & Music Technology. I split up and got back together with my then boyfriend. We also moved in together for the first time in Leeds in a teeny 2 bed flat with a very dodgy bathroom. I got engaged for the first time.

In 2000 I moved house twice, once in with a friend then back into a flat with just the fiance. Less said the better on that really. I got my psycho cat Kit on the first house move.

In 2001 I moved out and broke up with my fiance and came home to Gloucestershire. I got a job working for an electricity company and met a friend. I watched the twin towers fall with horror on my face. I went on a fantastic holiday to Cyprus and had a blast. I lost my job. I had lots of fun with a few boys in my single state, none of which I regret.

In 2002 I got a job working for a large Lubricants company (by which I mean oil not anything norty!) and I met Paul in a nightclub just after his birthday. I moved out of my parents house and into my first owned flat.

In 2003 Paul moved in with me and on the summer solstice we got engaged standing on Cissbury Hill watching the sun go down. Paul went skiing for the first time and got a new job whilst we were out there.

In 2004 he got ANOTHER new job (just after the first one, which turned out to be a lemon and he never actually worked for them) and moved to London and lived with my parents. We started planning our wedding. I resigned from my job and joined him in London. We sold our flat and bought our house. My Grandfather suffered a major heart attack whilst in the theatre, underwent a massive bypass, survived and recuperated. We got married in September (twice!) and went on an amazing honeymoon in Egypt. I was told I would never have children naturally in November. I got pregnant in December! I briefly got a job in the city but left because I hated it.

In 2005 I got another job that I really enjoyed. I lost my first baby in a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. 30 days after the ERPC I got pregnant again! In December my first daughter Phoebe arrived 8 hours before her due date. My father emigrated.

In 2006 we went to visit my Dad's new house. Paul left one job and got another and then went back to the original job! I got pregnant again (so much for no babies naturally)!

In 2007 Clara was born and our family became 4.

In 2008 I took up a photo a day project and did 366 photos this year.

In 2009. I bought a sewing machine and started learning to sew, hit an all time low in the depression stakes.

2010... watch this space! What do I have planned?

I want to lose some more weight.
I want to learn patchwork and quilting.
I want to make more children's clothes.
I want to get on top of this depression and not have to suffer panic attacks when I go out.

1 comment:

Muddling Along said...

I really hope you get all you want in 2010 and its a better year than 2009