Monday 14 December 2009

The Lexi-sorus.

So ages ago I had an idea for a dinosaur costume but I had no idea how to go about it. It took me such a long time to find a pattern I could modify to suit it but I did eventually (Burda Cape 9674). Then I procrastinated a bit, and a bit more, then I ordered fabric and procastinated a bit more just for good measure. However last night I took the bull by the horns and cracked on with it... mostly as we are seeing the recipient and name sake Lexi on Saturday at their annual Christmas Party (I also have a mermaid outfit to do for his sister but that shouldn't be as tricksy). Paul helped with pattern and fabric cutting which sped up the process. I am pretty pleased with the result, what do you think?

Front:




Back:








It is huge on Phoebe as it is sized for 7 yr olds and she is 4 but you get the gist :D

2 comments:

Tilly Floss said...

Vix this is amazing, I'd love the pattern, or to buy one from you once you're over Christmas making.....

Lynne said...

I think it's absolutely fantastic - your best costume yet!!! You should start selling these!