Sunday 22 November 2009

To Do List Update:

7 Morsbags - 6 down 1 to go... need more fabric (again!)
2 Well Woman Packs - Erm... I'll get back to you!
5 evening bags - See above
1 shopping tote - Done!
2 Humpy Dumpties - Again, I'll get back to you!
4 Children's hooded scarves - Done!
7 adult scarves - Changed my mind and am making neckwarmers of which I have made 4 (I think... need another fleece. I think I will get a dark blue one this time for a bit of variation).
2 Dolly Changing bags (with stuff in) - 1 down, 1 to go.
5 tutus - 2 down 3 to go.

Not doing too badly, especially as amongst this I have managed to make 2 neck warmers for the girls and Mum's birthday pressie.

I had a small glitch last night when I was making the tote, my thread kept breaking after I changed a needle. It took me almost an hour to work out I had put the needle in backwards... what a dimwit! I am also having a small stress about the Katybags (evening bags) I need to make as I am not sure my needle position is variable on my Janome 2050. I am sure I will work around it but it is worrying me a touch. I really don't have time (or the energy) to do another pattern especially as I have just spent a fair whack on interfacing not to mention I have my heart set on making Katybags.

I have to also add on a dinosaur costume for my friend's son Lexi, it was meant to be on the original list but I didn't add it as I couldn't find a pattern I could adapt. I have now found one and will hopefully be making it very soon. I just need to buy the materials which means waiting for a photobox payment into Paypal but at least I will have a chance to figure out how much fabric I need before ordering. I think I will get started on the spines for down his back though. I think I am also doing a mermaid dress for his sister but I know how I am going to do that.

1 comment:

l'optimiste said...

good grief! you are a veritable machine! gonna start a mail order service? I bought a beautiful pillow case for Grace - will FB you a pic. It cost an arm and a leg, and I only thought afterwards - I could have asked and paid you to do it!

But it appears you may be a tad busy! :o)