Friday 27 November 2009

No... not good!

Argh, I finally get the small child asleep after trying since our return from the school run at 12.30. Tell Phoebe we will get baking the cupcakes to go on Grannie's cake. Get out the flour (mutter something about husband replenishing flour stocks after making pancakes) and weigh out 50g then I move onto the sugar and it happens. The scale flashes the two words you don't want to ever read when you start to bake with a nearly 4 year old:

REPLACE BATTERY

and I have no spare ones in the house, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is a DISASTER. Phoebe cracks out the wobbly bottom lip and is threatening to yell loud enough to wake up children on another continent never mind the sleeping poorly person upstairs. So I had to do it, I had to crack out The Big Guns. She is now watching Merry Madagascar and it is only November... ah well it is only 4 days until December isn't it!

2 comments: