Thursday 4 March 2010

World Book Day

To celebrate World Book Day Phoebe went to school as a character from her favourite book The Gruffalo. For those not in the know here is a description:

He has terrible tusks and terrible claws and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws.
He has knobbly knees and turned out toes and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose
His eyes are orange, his tongue is black and he has purple prickles all over his back!

So yesterday I went and bought a long sleeved tee shirt whilst the girl's were in school. I then spent the afternoon sewing felt purple prickles on the back. As the front looked a bit bare I cracked out the embroidery ring and embroidered

Oh Help!
Oh No
It's a...

on the front in orange silks. Phoebe was thrilled with it! This morning I did the knobbly knees and I sewed two baggy patches on a pair of her slightly outgrown trousers. Then we face painted the orange eyes, black tongue, terrible tusks and poisonous wart on. She looked so cool and was chuffed to bits!



 

She is now in school along with Big Teddy for their teddy bears picnic. I hope she is being a friendly Gruffalo!

2 comments:

badsparklythings said...

Wow, that's amazing! Well done on th embroidery too, I've not given that a go yet!

She looks fab.

Muddling Along said...

That's a very cool Gruffalo !