Wednesday 24 March 2010

So proud!

Yesterday I got a headache, I took 2 anadin liquidfast and carried on. However when I got in the car to go to collect Phoebe from school I realised I as rapidly approaching migraine turf. I got up to school and back, by the time we got back I had fireworks in one eye and my head hurt so much I felt sick. Tuesdays are not a good day to get sick as the girl's have swimming lessons in the afternoon. I called Paul to ask him to come home so he could take them, he said he would try but there wasn't really enough cover in the office, he called back a few minutes later saying he wouldn't come because the engineer who was out and about would be at least another 2 hours. I managed to make the girls sandwiches, get them up to the table, gave up the idea of swimming and collapsed on the sofa.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was about 30 - 40 minutes later and my head was feeling a bit better. I sat up to realise that I had really fallen asleep and wondered where the girls were. The last thing I remember hearing was Phoebe telling Clara to eat the rest of her sandwich. I looked around to the front door and saw a chair there. I called to Phoebe to find out where she was and it turns out she had taken my iphone upstairs to my bed, with Clara and had been entertaining Clara up there for the time I was asleep. I asked her about the chair and she told me she had moved it there so she could see out of the peephole in case anyone came to the door. Not only that but she had managed to get Clara to eat all her lunch (no small feat!).

She is 4 years old, 5 in December and I really couldn't be more proud of her! She is such a kind generous little girl. Even today, at her Easter Concert, when I knew she was desperate to be one of the children with a penny for the currant buns song. She was cheering on all the children who got their names pulled out of a hat and got to go up. At lunch she voluntarily shared her garlic bread with her Daddy. And this afternoon she played so beautifully with my friend Catherine's little girls Tabitha and Clementine! We haven't seen them for such a long time and yet Phoebe remembered them and ran and gave Tabitha a big cuddle as soon as she saw her and has been talking about Tabfa and Clemmie all evening! They were so funny looking at all the rabbits and fish at Polhill Garden Centre! So sweet to see.

I love my big girl so much and I am so proud of her!

2 comments:

Tata said...

She really is a sweetie. I was so impressed with the cuddle - what a warm and lovely little girl :)

Tabitha loved playing with them both, she keeps talking about going to see Phoebe and Clara in their house and she couldn't wait to tell her Dad all about them.

Muddling Along said...

What a clever girl !