Monday, 10 May 2010

Still stressing about Phoebe's school place.

We have no grounds for traditional appeal so we are on a waiting list to go on a waiting list for any spare or vacated school places. This years school intake is over subscribed by around 200 pupils, so about 7 classes have to be found around the town. I am so stressed by it all because I just want Phoebe to go to a nice school and not the one she has been allocated. I am worried I am coming across as a snob but it is in such a horrible area and where we live isn't renowned for being a particularly nice place (although our street and house is lovely). I suppose I also worry because her preschool is so wonderful and nurturing and she does so well there that I don't want to fall at the next hurdle with a less than ideal school.

I almost wish I could afford Private (if I could find a local non denominational private school). Or even gear myself up to Home Educate her until a place opens up for her. Neither of these are especially viable because we can't afford Private and I am not sure my mental health is up to Home Educating. It is all so stressful, and I am spending a lot of time worrying about it even though rationally I know there is nothing I can do. It seems so odd that for the last 4 years I have made every decision for and about her and now something so major has all been taken out of my hands and I am merely a passenger whilst the council and people who have never met her sort it all out.



Rach said...

It's never too late to change schools- even if she ends up in the pants one and isn't flourishing there, she can transfer to another. It is possible. My sister has done it with 2 of her kids.

All is not lost.

Hang in there! x

Vix said...

The problem is I need to get it sorted before I have to apply for Clara's school place in the autumn or I have to go through this rigmarole all over again with her. Or have them in 2 different schools.... urgh.