Wednesday 9 February 2011

The Post Office.

Paul is out so I am feeling all retrospective whilst I wait for my curry. I am thinking about what things I have to work at, what issues about myself I have to tackle before I feel more normal. I read a friend's blog and she is doing 101 things in 1001 days so I might write a list for that. But I will have to incorporate the things that, in my head at least, are huge hurdles.

The biggest one is The Post Office. I don't know what it is about it that gives me the heebie jeebies but it does. It takes me AGES to work up to going to it and I hate ever second I am in there. Possibly because it does bring out the worst in people somehow. People want it to be functional and it isn't very at the moment. Admittedly it was worse before they modernised it as then it was all about the hustle and bustle that I find very stressful. Now it is just the association with that I think! I hate it, I feel sick even thinking about going. It is also because it is In Town and I loathe going in on my own, especially walking in. I feel so vunerable when I am out still! I worry that the security guards are following me because I must look suspicious as I am worrying (vicious cycle anyone!).

I really need to work hard at this as being a home body is fine until we hit Easter Holidays and I have 2 small children climbing the walls!!

No comments: