Thursday 20 January 2011

Baby bore.

I joined Twitter the other day and realised the only thing I have to post about is the children. Then I had a small worry that I was a baby bore. I probably am but you know what? It isn't through choice, I mean of course I love my children more than anything but I don't think the sun shines out of their bottoms. it is because I have very little else in my life to talk about. Last time I went out on on the razzle was a night out last year. I last went to the cinema to see a movie with my friend Jane to see Harry Potter around Christmas time. Before that I last went to the cinema (I am discounting the times I have been to Kids Am), well I don't remember! I spend my days with my children and the only other adults I see briefly are the other parents at Preschool and mostly that is a nod and a smile before departing home for a little peace or to look after the children at the end of the day.

I struggle in conversation because I don't know much about what is going on in the world. I mean I have snippets of news I can talk about but nothing consistant. I don't know what is going on in the music industry, or what films are due out (not a lot of point looking until they come onto DVD as the chances of me going to the cinema are slim to none). Paul and I don't go out on dates or out to dinner very often because we either lack funds or a babysitter, mostly both! So no, I don't have a lot else to discuss outside of the children although I do desperately try.

You know what though? Both Paul and I like our life most of the time. The girls are funny and smart and frustrating in equal measures. We enjoy spending time with them, we enjoy the quiet when they are at school and we enjoy each others company. I do miss "the outside world" and enjoy going out in it when I get a chance. But mostly my world is my family and so that is what I talk about.

No comments: